I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

29 February 2012

Cobwebs and flames: American Sentences Feb. 2012

Cobwebs and flames tattooed on his legs belie the calm look on his face.  15/2/12

My heart always lifts when I hit sea air; I grew up on an island.  17/2/12


Submitted Nov. 2013 for dVerse Meeting the Bar: American Sentences

11 comments:

  1. Ha, I understand your feelings about sea air!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so missing sea air right now. Your poem took me there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the second one - just moved off an island. Many joys there but obstacles as well. Liked these very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah sea air def does well for my spirit.
    it is intriguing what people choose for tattoes and to hear the stories behind them...i would totally be asking him about them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool tats sentence! Like this set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sea air..it is so refreshing brings a sense of calmness

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, you've been doing these for a while.
    It's a great way of note-taking, whether or not one sticks to 17 syllables.
    And they make for nice reads as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good. #1 raises questions that keep me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, friends, for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.