I ... entered the poem of life, whose purpose is ... simply to witness the beauties of the world, to discover the many forms that love can take. (Barabara Blackman in 'Glass After Glass')

These poems are works in progress and may be updated without notice. Nevertheless copyright applies to all writings here and all photos (which are either my own or used with permission). Thank you for your comments. I read and appreciate them all, and reply here to specific points that seem to need it — or as I have the leisure. Otherwise I reciprocate by reading and commenting on your blog posts as much as possible.

2 November 2013

The Moon Through My Bedroom Window

You appear in my window like a white face
big and round, right up close, looking in.
You shine, you are smiling. I don’t see
a man in the moon, but I see
you, large and soft like a mother: kind.

When you look in my window and smile,
I feel I am safe. You stay all night with me,
watching, wide awake while I sleep.
No harm will come. And you tell me stories.
You whisper them into my dreams.


November Poem a Day Chapbook Challenge 2013 1: Appearances.
(from Robert Lee Brewer at Poetic Asides)

6 comments:

  1. This is simply wonderful, Rosemary. A lovely viewpoint written with beautiful descriptive words.

    I can't wait to see what you write tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much, Rosemary! Simple, honest, and emotional. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was thinking myself back into childhood, when I did experience this.

      Delete
  3. I love this mother figure showering blessing all night...every word weaving calmness, peace........beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I managed to convey it to you. That was exactly how it seemed to me as a child.

      Delete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after being approved by the blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.